Re: terminal services

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Burns" <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora->list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: terminal services

Rocky Skinner wrote:

I've done some hunting, but the answer is still not very clear- has anyone got fedora (5 preferably) to work in a multi user environment, and have they got it working as a remote x-terminal via network?

Look into either enabling XDMCP in GDM if you're on a trusted LAN, or use X11 tunnelling over SSH if you're on an untrusted WAN/Internet. In both cases you'll need an X server on the remote client.

Or possibly NX or VNC (but I think *not* VINO if you need multi-user)

Just some google food for you ...