Re: Installing windows again with fedora core

Zoran Spasojevic writes:

I have a dual boot (Windows XP/Fedora Core) on my computer. First I installed windows and then fedora and everything works fine. Is there a way to reinstall windows from scratch without disturbing the fedora installation and the boot sequence/loader?

No. Windows' installer will unceremoniously blow away the master boot record.

But that's not a big deal. Have your Fedora installation CD/DVD handy. After Windows is done, boot off the Fedora DVD into rescue mode. The rescue mode should find your Fedora install easy, and mount it as /mnt/sysimage, then:

chroot /mnt/sysimage
/sbin/grub-install

Exit out, and reboot.