Re: Linux Computing Cluster using Vmware

Mohd Khalid Shaikh wrote:
How to setup up Linux Computing Cluster using Vmware
I have 7 Hp Blade server, and my requirement is that this servers should be in cluster mode. so that I can use it as one logical server, then i can be able to share resourses for different types of applications.
what should i do ???????

If you want many physical systems to appear like a one single logical system, then you're looking at Mosix (http://www.mosix.org/) kind of thing.

Most people who want to do cluster computing usually don't need to have that (one single logical computer). Their applications often make do with a message passing interface (e.g. MPI library).

But then again... what exactly do you mean by cluster? Some people could also refer to a bunch of HA web servers as a cluster too :)

Regards,

.lzs
http://thinkinfarm.com/~lzs/