Re: Why I see certain messages from mailing list not ordered corectly by thread

On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 23:40 -0400, Scott R. Godin wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 17:15 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:

> One possible way to supplement this list would be to additionally link
> in with www.gmane.org so that the email list is duplicated in a format
> compatible with newsreaders (slirn, or knode/pan/thunderbird) for
> reading, searching, posting, and threading.
>
> comparatively speaking, my preference for list-reading is FIRMLY in the
> nntp camp. MUCH easier to keep track of, easier on the bandwidth too
> (for you folks that have this problem with paying for bandwidth), as you
> only download headers at first and not the entire message each time. :-)
>
> I've known a few lists that have successfully linked in both their
> traditional format, supplemented via gmane. Works very well.
>
> little blurb from their site:
[snip]
> For more details, see http://www.gmane.org/

O_O Holey smokes, it's *already* on gmane.

Someone just made me a very very happy camper. :D

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general

which also has the 'search this list' box at the bottom.

Enjoy, people. I know I will =8)