Re: Skype Handset

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 08:54 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:

> Verizon had a clause in my recent DSL contract which stipulated that if I used
> the line for telephony, they could cease offering the service - I did NOT
> read the clause closely, and it may have been a clause for my dial-tone only
> service rather than my DSL, but, in any event, this discussion makes me want
> to dig that up and read it again. I've only recently started using Skype, and
> I've had no problems so far. Again, I didn't read the fine print, and I just
> remember seeing that clause at the time, and it raising my dander up a bit
> with a "how can they do that?" - for all I know, it may have had something to
> do with setting up an independent for profit phone service in competition
> with their phone offerings, using their DSL circuits, or something like
> that...

Ah yes, the "Sudden Unimportant Decision" (SUD) that will get you every
time! <g> Been there, got the T-shirt. I'm Irish, I feel ya, but they
may have cause for complaint which you cannot afford to risk. Lawyers
cost a bundle and are unpredictable as all Hell. Once they get their
hooks into you, it's all over... just push the RED button. <chortles>
Ric