Re: Software manager crashes in GUI

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 02:33 -0400, Jack Gates wrote:
> When I run any yum command other than yum list installed, I get this error:
>
> Searching Packages:
> Setting up repositories
> core                                                                 [1/5]
> updates-released                                                     [2/5]
> extras                                                               [3/5]
> updates                                                              [4/5]
> base                                                                 [5/5]
> Reading repository metadata in from local files
> Error: Caching enabled and local
> cache: //var/cache/yum/updates-released/primary.xml.gz does not match
> checksum
>
> I have no idea how to fix this.  Can some one help out?

This may not be directly the cause of your problem, but your yum
configuration is wrong:

 * you have both a "core" and a "base" repo
 * you have both an "updates-released" and an "updates" repo

An FC5 system should have "core" and "updates" repos, and not the
others.

Check that you have no repository configuration information
in /etc/yum.conf, and look in /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo for where the
"base" and "updates-released" references are coming from. Those repos
should be disabled.

I'm guessing you have updated from FC4 or earlier. After an update you
should look in /root/upgrade.log for references to configuration files
created as .rpmnew files or saved as .rpmsave files and then go and
inspect the relevant configuration files to make sure they are set up
correctly for your needs.

Paul.