Re: kernel-2.6.17-1.2139_FC5 broke ACPI S3 on thinkpad T42p

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Charles Curley wrote:

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 10:16:28PM -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:

I haven't tried too awful many things, mostly because I've yet to
figure out how the suspend and hibernate process is meant to work in
FC5.  Things are different with the pm-utils than then were with older
versions, as near as I can tell.

This is the first laptop I've had, so it's my first time even
experimenting with the power management stuff.  If I can find docs on
how the system works or make the time to pick through all the code to
figure it out, I'll feel more comfortable in being able to try adding
this or that to the mix to see what works.

Have you looked at http://tuxmobil.org/ or
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/? Both provide pointers to writeups on
specific laptop models. Perhaps one of the writeups on your model will
have working scripts.

Also see http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/ for a description of how to use the radeonfb driver. Among other things, it fixes excessive power consumption on suspend with some Radeon cards, and it may also affect the resume functionality.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu