Re: Make a virtual printer?

> > Wouldn't it be more space economical to render them into .pdf files
> > instead ?

Sure, and I might want one of those virtual printers too, but one of
the things I want with the images is to see exactly how the application
generated postscript gets rendered and I don't want to get the pdf
rendering involved in the equation and confusing things :-).

> Would creating a print queue and setting that printer queue to print
> to file work for you?

I don't know - that's the sorta stuff that starts turning my brain
to mush :-). Are there some specific commands to do that sorta
thing? What I really want is for the printer spooling system
to arrange to send postscript to a script I can write that invokes
the appropriate ghostscript command and arranges for the images
to wind up in the directory where I want them.