Re: Lock homepage in firefox for normal users?[Scanned]

Dotan Cohen:
>>> You could 'lock' it if it weren't owned by the user. Don't use root,
>>> though, make a seperate user for it. Or just have /usr/bin/firefox
>>> link to "/usr/bin/firefox http://www.homepage.com";.

Tim:
>> Not sure about the link, sounds good, but changing the file ownership
>> won't protect it is the user still owns its parent directory.

Dotan Cohen:
> /usr/bin is owned by root. And yes, you can open Fx with a url as an argument.

With the comment I made about the ownership and protection, I was
thinking about some admin making the Firefox configuration file owned by
the root, in the hope that the user couldn't reconfigure the homepage
they'd get when clicking on the homepage button.

A user could still work around linking the "firefox" command to
something else by directly calling up the original.

I read messages from the public lists.