Re: X usage

On Wednesday, Jul 5th 2006 at 15:19 +0100, quoth Dan Track:

=>On 7/5/06, Ed Kim <ed.kim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
=>> Dan Track wrote:
=>> > Hi
=>> >
=>> > Does anyone know how I can dump the x desktop image via command lines?
=>> >
=>> > Thanks
=>> > Dan
=>> >
=>>
=>> Try using the xwd command with the -out and -display options...
=>>
=>> man xwd
=>
=>Thanks for the reply. However that relies on me pressing the cursor to
=>begin the dump. Is there a way for me bypass the curso input?

Please use proper terminology. The cursor is the thingy that letters come
out of. The pointer is the thing that the mouse moves around. The mouse
button is what you click to affect where the pointer is.

I assume you meant that you wanted to be able to script something and
needed something commandline driven.

steveo at syslang.net