Re: Kyum: /var/log/yum.log, could not be opened for reading.

On Wednesday July 05 2006 4:19 am, ron wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Kyum log viewing is working now, after updating the latest qt packages,
>
> Thank You so much for your help,
>
> -ron-

Maybe I missed it, but there's one detail that has not been mentioned in this
thread. KYUM is seriously flawed in one area, and the developer doesn't
acknowledge this. If you use KYUM with the Linva repo, and you enable
testing, it re-writes the repo file and makes it unusable. I filed the
original bug report, and to my knowledge, it has not been fixed - you can
read about it here: http://tinyurl.com/mg6fe
KYUM used to be my preferred package handler for awhile till this surfaced.
I've switched to smartpm for a couple of months, now, and so far so good - it
has much needed documentation now, and while it requires a bit more setup to
get it to work, once you've done it, it seems to work well. There's even a
livna script that is installed with the livna repo rpm that you can run to
automatically configure the livna repo for smart.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA