Re: Package to represent network traffic

Les Mikesell wrote:
On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 15:32, Aaron Konstam wrote:

I once had an installed package that gave a graphical representation of traffic on the network, but I can't remember its name. I've tried searching yum with a few guesses, without success. Can anyone help?

I think the package you want is called mrtg and is part of the
distribution FC4 and FC5.

Mrtg will pull the traffic info via snmp from remote systems
and routers.  It is easier to use with a tool like cacti that
provides a web interface for the setup:  http://www.cacti.net/.

You can watch your local interface and other system counters
with gkrellm.

ntop is extremely cool. Maybe that's the one you were thinking?

Can view via any web browser on (default) port 3000.

Simple RPM install from memory.

Ed.

--
***DISCLAIMER***

The director of Triple D Computer Services does not believe in disclaimers or signatures - and thinks they are a severe waste of bandwidth - if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you must stand on your head whilst picking your nose and singing the national anthem.
begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749