Re: Problems installing FC5-x86_64 on DELL Optiplex GX520

Don Maxwell wrote:
> Does anyone know if hyperthreading can be disabled on FC5-x86_64 ?
> This is entering a totally new area for me.

You could go through the BIOS (which will disable that functionality in
the CPU), or try the nosmp kernel parameter (which will make Linux use
only one of the two virtual processors).

You'd put that on the GRUB kernel line.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | If infinite rednecks fired infinite shotguns at an
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | infinite number of road signs, they'd eventually