Re: Display IT Policy at logon - FC5?[Scanned]

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 10:32 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> The script could use zenity to display the policy and check whether it
> was agreed to or not.  Then you would continue or abort depending on
> the response of the user.

Seems a bit of overkill.  Clicking an agree button, or simply typing in
your user-credentials proves little, either way.  One's just as good, or
bad, as the other.  If you were being smart, you'd have your policy say
that merely by logging on you agree to it.

You could just show the policy as a logon screen background (as an
image, or text).  GDM, at least, allows that sort of thing.  And just
leave them to log on.

This hop, skip, and a jump, process reminds me of those, "Do you really
want to quit?", "Are you sure?" double-checks.

I read messages from the public lists.