Re: Anyone familiar with BellSouth DSL setup?

On 07/03/2006 10:48:03 AM, Ric Moore wrote:
I'm playing one heckuva phone tag with BellSouth
concerning setup of my
static IP account and the settings I need for my machine.
I'm connecting
just fine with DHCP, so it works. I want to run apache and
my own
webpages from the machine connected to the DSL modem. If
anyone would
assist, I'd like to confer off list. I need for my machine
to appear to
the net, not the modem. They have support for Macs, but
not linux... go
figure. Ric

Ric - Not that I want to complicate your life, but have you considered changing isp's??? While I love hearing that Bell South has started supporting Mac, I don't hear from other mailing lists good things concerning Bell South with respect to non-standard residential support

I'm not sure of your location, but I would suggest checking around as to who else is available in your neck of the woods. I'm in a BS area, and have Speakeasy as my isp; and have had quite solid customer support that way. YMMV of course.