Re: OT : No Flash 8 nor Flash 9 ?

On 7/3/06, PHD <phd2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

This mail is not to criticize any, but we still have Flash 7 on Linux,
and I just discover that there is Flash 9 to download. More and more
websites are already using the Flash 8 technology.

My question is : Do Linux contributers have not so much time to build a
rpm (Don't ask me to do it, I cannot, that's why I don't criticize
anyone ;-) ), or is there any other problem somewhere ?

I was thinking this was closed source but I just read that :
<adobe>
Developers of existing and emerging platforms and devices can support
Flash (SWF) playback. The Flash Player Source Code SDK contains a
portable C++ source code version of Flash Player as well as
documentation designed to help a third-party software or hardware
developer easily port Flash Player to any platform. The Flash Player
Source Code SDK is designed for ease of porting and for platform
independence. The code as provided compiles on Win32 and Linux systems.
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/productinfo/faq/#item-3-4
</adobe>

I forgot to mention that most of that is just empty marketing speech.

Is it not enough to build a Flash Player plugin ?

Any information welcome,

Regards,

Philippe

PS : Dont answer if you think this is really OT, thanks.

--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand <phd2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>