Re: GNOME won't boot

dragontale wrote:
> system-config-securitylevel: error while loading shared libraries
> libglade-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory.
>
> ^ I get the above error. Funny thing is when I uninstalled Glade
> Interface Designer, I might've deleted the exact same file as you
> see above called "libglade-2.0.so.0"
>
> Can that be the cause?
>
> I don't know if this is important but I'm just going to post it up
> just in case. Here is a description of how I uninstall Glade
> Interface Designer.
>
> 1. su
> 2. login to root
> 3. rpm -qa | grep -i glade
>
> and then it brought down a list:
>
> libglade2-devel-2.5.1.2
> pygtk2-libglade-2.6.0-2
> etc
> etc
>
> There was about 3 or 4 more files to the list but I can't remember
> their names, but as I said above I think I deleted libglade-2.0.so.0
> because it is not installed in my system. I currently have the above
> 2 files that I listed. I don't know if this information would do
> anything but yea, might give you some clues too.

libglade is not a part of the Glade interface designer.  You
definitely don't want to remove it (or rather, you didn't :).

On my system, there are over 200 packages with a dependency on
libglade, gnome-session being one of them.  It tends to be something
gnome needs to function properly.

How did you remove libglade-2.0.so.0?  Using yum, rpm, an rm command?
Knowing how you got into this situation will help someone here point
you to the way out of it.

- --
Years ago fairy tales all began with "Once upon a time...", now we
know they all begin with, "If I am elected..."
    -- Carolyn Warner