RE: how to crate new super user from terminal in fedora core 3

Title: RE: how to crate new super user from terminal in fedora core 3

Create one use with adduser command

$adduser xyz
$passwd xyz

open /etc/passwd

$vi /etc/passwd
        go to last line of passwd file

Change user id and groupd id to 0,0
        xyz:x:506:507::/home/xyz:/bin/bash
              ^^^^^^
        xyz:x:0:0::/home/xyz:/bin/bash

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 12:20 +0530, yogesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> hi to all
> please any one let me know
>
> how to create new super user from terminal in fedora core 3

That's generally not a good idea, I strongly recommend the use of sudo instead, it's more secure, allows accountability

> also how i protect root user password so that no one will break it
By not telling anyone?

Please explain your overall goal, there's probably a better way.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the OCSL switchboard on +44 1403 700959