Re: file-copy corruption

>> Are occasional undetected errors like this to be expected?
>> I thought there were sufficient stages of checksumming/parity
>> (both boxes have ECC memory) etc to render the probability
>> of this to be vanishingly small.

>It has always been my experience that NFS, to use a technical term, sucks :-).
>(Especially if there are different operating systems and NFS versions
>involved at either end). rsync or SMB or even ftp or kermit seem infinitely
>more reliable.

I've had no problems with NFS per-se. The Alpha has been running as
an NFS fileserver for several years, and the Linux box seems to
be handling NFS traffic satisfactorily (I've seen > 10K NFS requests/sec
and better than 60MiB/sec). It has to run as an NFS fileserver.
I wasnt just using NFS as a means of copying..

T.