Re: software to send keystrokes to an gnome term window ?

Joe Klemmer wrote:
	You could use expect and script the thing.  Just an option.
While I did look expect, and got to an expect prompt, I didn't find an example of doing the simple send char to window. Can you suggest some examples to look at or provide one ?

I'm thinking that it can do it, and that I could do additional things with it like look at the dupes responses for certain patterns like:
- keeping the longest filename (some dupes are window~1 names)
- keeping longest paths that are not.
- prioritizing certain partial paths.

DaveT.