From: fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Fred Lackey
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2006 9:39 AM
To: (Group) Red Hat - Fedora
Subject: Re: c++ programming evironment

Good afternoon, everyone.

I just noticed this thread, originally posted by a fairly new
developer coming from a Windows environment.  IMHO, most guys coming
from a M$ environment tend to get overwhelmed by how much they SHOULD
know about development and their environment but, sadly enough, do
not because of the "hand holding" that they have grown accustomed to
within Visual Studio.  Admittedly, this was me some years back.

It would be great to let me know if this helps...

	Setting Up Eclipse for C++ Development (in Windows)
	http://wiki.fredlackey.com/pmwiki.php?
n=HelpfulInfo.DevelopmentEclipseCppCofnig

Be gentle... it's my first attempt in trying to put something like
this out there for the rest of the world.  Hopefully, it's not my last.

Personally, I enjoy working in VS.NET and still promote the Express
editions of SQL Server and Visual Studio for Windows-only
development.  However, that level of enjoyment is easily compared to
how wonderful it is to get comfy in a certain development environment
and to have it available on whatever platform I'm using.

Enjoy!  =)

R/S
Fred