Re: fighting with xargs :-(

Les Mikesell wrote:
[snip]
  Is there some reason to keep
the compressed and uncompressed versions in the same
directory?

A typical application for this sort of thing is to take advantage of +Multiview in Apache. If there is a .gz version of a file and a "regular" version of the same file, Apache can be be configured to serve the.gz file if the browser supports it.

Should I open a bugzilla/RFE against gzip to provide an option to keep the original file? I think this sort of use is getting more common.