Via Velocity NIC inquiry

Looking for anyone running FC5 who's using a Via Velocity 6122 gigabit
NIC.  This is on an Abit AV8 K8T800 motherboard.  I just noticed the
other day while moving files across my LAN that the NIC is operating at
100Mbps instead of 1000Mbps.  I ran iperf to confirm it, and ethtool
shows:

[root@osprey ~]# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
        Supported ports: [ TP ]
        Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Advertised link modes:  Not reported
        Advertised auto-negotiation: No
---->   Speed: 100Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: Twisted Pair
        PHYAD: 0
        Transceiver: internal
        Auto-negotiation: on
        Supports Wake-on: puag
        Wake-on: g
        Current message level: 0x00000002 (2)
        Link detected: no

Turning off autnegotiation and forcing the speed to 1000Mbps causes the
NIC to report in at 10Mbps in ethtool.

[root@osprey ~]# ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off
[root@osprey ~]# ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000
[root@osprey ~]# ethtool eth0
Settings for eth0:
        Supported ports: [ TP ]
        Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                1000baseT/Half 1000baseT/Full
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Advertised link modes:  Not reported
        Advertised auto-negotiation: No
---->   Speed: 10Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: Twisted Pair
        PHYAD: 0
        Transceiver: internal
        Auto-negotiation: off
        Supports Wake-on: puag
        Wake-on: g
        Current message level: 0x00000002 (2)
        Link detected: no

I've swapped cables and switch ports, and I've power cycled the switch,
all to no avail.  My wife has an identical system running WinXP plugged
into the same switch, and her NIC reports 1000 Mbps.

My NIC in the past has run at 1000 Mbps, and I have an old iperf output
file showing performance at 476 Mbps.

Can anyone running FC5 validate their Via Velocity's speed for me before
I begin suspecting a hardware problem?

Thanks,
Jay