RE: How to configure mysql server?

Timothy Murphy

>> I haven't set the root password (or any password)
>> and if it has been set I haven't the slightest idea
>> what it is.

Assuming, as others have suggested, that you set the root password
accidentally, you'll want to change it to something you know.  This
isn't a big deal on a system you control.  Simply follow the
instructions here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/resetting-permissions.html

Note that this page starts with instructions for Windows.  Just scroll
down for instructions on Unix.

--
Henry