Re: New FC5 installation Package manager can not find installation files

Tony Nelson wrote:
At 10:36 AM +0100 6/22/06, Paul Howarth wrote:
What you need are the ISO files used to create the CDs. If you never had
the ISO files, you can create them from the CDs but that's a non-trivial
process so we'll not go into it unless necessary.

Won't dd'ing the cds onto files do it?  It's what I've done.

It will but you might get additional garbage at the end of the file that causes the SHA1SUM to be wrong (you do check this, don't you ;-) ?). This is the same problem that causes mediacheck to fail on some hardware.

Paul.