Re: Fedora Core 5 "forces" formation of /dev/mapper/nvidia...

Lars Packschies wrote:
Dear List members,

I tried to find some information on my own already but I didn't succeed yet.

I try to install Fedora Core 5, and I disabled the nvidia Raid option in my mainboard's BIOS.

The "sata_nv" driver has to be loaded to be able to use my two SATA harddrives. The Installer does only see a /dev/mapper/nvidia_"something" device to install fedora on, I am not able to see two single and independent harddrives. It seems to try to setup a raid device, and after the installation both harddrives are partitioned identically. Is there any way to _not_ activate any RAID setup, just two plain harddrives (sata devices, sda and sdb) like it was in fedora core 4?

linux noprobe did not help, since the SATA devices have to be set up using the sata_nv driver anyway.

Is the only way now unplugging one of the harddrives and plug it back in after the installation?

  Maybe there is a simple solution to this...?

  Thanks in advance,

    Lars Packschies

Sounds like your hard drives still have the RAID data on them, even though its not being used. Someone more knowledgeable about me on the beginning of hard drives might know what to clear.
-Dan