Re: New FC5 installation Package manager can not find installation files

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 21:20 +0000, pansy309@xxxxxxx wrote:

> > Message: 13
> > Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 17:49:12 +0100
> > From: Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: Re: New FC5 installation Package manager can not find
> > 	installation files
> > To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > pansy309@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > > ------------------------------

> > > I am trying to wade through all of that. I sure wish they had left an option so people in my situation could start up a little easier.When I enter the mnt -r -o loop  command it cannot find the directory.
> >
> > In order to be able to help you with that, I'll need to know exactly
> > what you typed, exactly what the response was, and where the ISO images
> > are on your disk (the method works with ISO images, not the removable CD
> > media itself).
> >
> > Paul.
> >

> > ------------------------------
> >
> >I tried several way to create a path. All of them resulted in the file not found output.  Here are 2
> mount -r -o loop /home/yumrepository/FC-5-i386-disc1.iso disc1

Did you specify a full path to "disc1"?  If not, is there a "disc1"
directory in your _current_ directory?  I'm willing to bet the "file not
found" is referencing the mountpoint, not the ISO file.  Try this:

# mkdir /mnt/disc1
# mount -r -o loop /home/yumrepository/FC-5-i386-disc1.iso /mnt/disc1

And the "-r" is optional...you can't write to an ISO disk anyway--the
disk is "full".
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-    "Hello. My PID is Inigo Montoya.  You `kill -9'-ed my parent    -
-                     process.  Prepare to vi."                      -