Re: Problem booting up Fedora Core 5 After Adding USB Floppy!

On Wed June 21 2006 10:17 am, Lists wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Any help with the below would be great.
> I added an entry into my "stab file" while in root. It was to
> activate a usb floppy drive. Now I can no longer boot up
> normally into linux but am told I have a file system error and
> I can hear  the usb floppy drive being activated. I think
> fedora is looking for a linux file system on a floppy disk. It
> is giving me choices to do a repair of the file system or just
> reboot which only brings me back round to the same situation
> again. I really need to edit the stab file but can't get
> access to it as everything seems to be "read only". Not even
> sure if I can locate the Stab file in this root environment.
> I tried unplugging the USB floppy and restarting the computer
> but still no success.
> Here is the line I entered in the stab file:
> /dev/sda    /mnt/usbfd       auto            n
>
> Many thanks for any help.
>
> Paul.
Have you tried using your original FC install CD in rescue mode,
which would be the easiest if you can get in. Boot from the CD
and type linux rescue (I believe that's right - there's an F key
you can press for more info at the prompt). You will get a
message about how to mount your existing installation; then you
can use whatever text editor you have installed to edit the
file.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA