Re: FC5 full install?

offset wrote:
I'm sure there are flame/religious wars about whether or not this is a good thing or not, but my requirement is a full install as I do my own custom rpm packaging and development and I want access to all installed packages/libs so I dont have to work out a dependency hell scenario when rolling my own SRPM.

This approach will tend to lead to an SRPM with missing Build Requirements that won't build on other people's systems. As someone else suggested, a better solution is to use mock (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock) or mach, which builds packages in a minimal buildroot. This does mean that you need to sort out your "dependency hell" issues by adding the correct list of build requirements in your spec, but as a packager that's part of your job and it shouldn't be left to other people trying to build your package to sort out these issues.

Paul.