Re: ntpd doesn't start correctly

On 6/21/06, Ambrogio <fn050202@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm experiencing a bad behavior of ntp server.

I have had some network probnlems lately, and noticed that if the
network is not running before NTP starts it plays up a bit.

It's not a fix, but hack as such, can you set things so that ntpd only
starts when at home or your office?  That way you know the network is
running first?  Perhjapse use a spare runlevel for the office/home and
another for on the raod?

Of course if you do this a day altter some one will fix the problem in
ntpd, murphys law strikes again...

--
Rob