Re: FC5 full install?

offset wrote:

> I'm sure there are flame/religious wars about whether or not this is
> a good thing or not, but my requirement is a full install as I do my
> own custom rpm packaging and development and I want access to all
> installed packages/libs so I dont have to work out a dependency hell
> scenario when rolling my own SRPM.  While I do realize this model is
> not good for a production like environment, for my dev platform I
> want this type of install.

There was a discussion on that very same thing a while back.  And the
subject crops up from time to time.  I'm not certain of the final
outcome, but think there may have been another way.  Best to search the
archives.  Some folks like to search at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/

> Question 2) I've been trying to get FC5 installed on the latest
> vmware workstation for windows and it keeps bombing on disc 4 (both
> with a downloaded iso, and also a burned iso disc 4).  Is there a bug
> that I need to know about?  I selected all packages to be fully
> installed except for the additional languages.

No, no bug.  I've FC5 installed on VMWare 5.5.1. without problems.  Have
you checked the checksum of the downloaded disk?  (I downloaded and used
the DVD image).

When you do get it installed, search the web for information on getting
vmware-tools compiled and installed.  There is a trick.  If you can't
find it, let me know.  It is only 6AM here.