Re: missing libnotify & libgnutls dependencies (URGENT)

Will I took the leap and removed libnotify and gnutls via yum - it removed KDE and Gnome as well as a whole bunch of other things.  Then I did a yum install of the apps that were removed and wa-la everything seems to work again.  I will try connecting to my Exchange server when I get into the office in the morning.  That was scary, I'll never try that again ;)

I now have a test system to try the development stuff first.

Thank you, thank you,

 Jamie

On 6/18/06, Steven Pasternak < stevenp500@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jamie Bohr wrote:
> After trying to play with Evolution 2.7 I decided I needed to go back
> to Evol 2.6 so I did a "yum remove evolution*" to remove it.  It
> worked.  I diabled the development yum depot and did a "yum install
> evoltution" only to find sinilar issues I had getting Evolution 2.7
> installed - libnotify issues.  I;ve searched this list and found
> someone else has similar if not the same issue.
>
> I poked around on my system and found libnotify.so and libnotify.so.1
> from package libnotify.  The error below indicates I need
> libnotify.so.0 - ARG.  There seems to be a miss match however I don't
> know where.  I need this working before I go to work otherwise I will
> be stuck using Exchanges webmail interface, it not bad just not all
> that good.
>
> What can I do about the error below?
>
> # yum install evolution
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libnotify.so.0 is needed by package evolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.12 is needed by package evolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.12 is needed by package
> evolution-data-server
> #
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> --
> Jamie Bohr
When you installed the devel repo, it probably updated libnotify and
libgnutls when it updated evolution. I only have the core, extras, and
livna repos available with libnotify-0.3.0 and gnutls-1.2.10, which have
both of your missing libraries. Try getting rid of the devel repo first
and then uninstalling libnotify and gnutls with yum, no matter what the
deps are, and then re-installing everything. I don't know if gnome is
one of the dependencies, so I would try to do it from the command line
('/sibn/init 3' as root). Hope this helps!
-Steven