Re: Workstation Backup Strategies

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006, Joseph Holladay wrote:

Wow, mondo looks like a great app. It should really be in core or at least extras.

Joseph Holladay wrote:
What tool is the best for backing up a single workstation onto multiple DVDs. Ideally incrementally, but I would still do new full backups from time to time as DVDs are notoriously unreliable. Many of the backup tools I have found seem to be meant for networked backups of multiple machines to HD or tape. I know I could probably write some kind of script, but I bet a better coder than I has already solved this problem.

Two thumbs up for mondo! The combination of mondo and rsnapshot (www.rsnapshot.org) has been the best solution for my small time operation (and simple mind). I run a complete mondo archive once a month manually and hourly, daily and weekly rsnapshot runs from crontab.