cd record problem

I am having trouble burning cds to my plextor cd-r px-w4824a

Gnomebaker produces the error messages below, when I try.

Thanks in advance.

cheers, Paul

cdrecord: No write mode specified.
cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.
cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent defaults.
cdrecord: Continuing in 5 seconds...
cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. WARNING: Cannot do mlockall(2).
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using setpriority().
cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
scsidev: '/dev/hdd'
devname: '/dev/hdd'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version (schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.85-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c 1.85 05/05/16 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
SCSI buffer size: 64512
cdrecord: Operation not permitted. Cannot send SCSI cmd via ioctl
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a03-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2005 Jörg Schilling
NOTE: This version contains the OSS DVD extensions for cdrtools and thus may
have bugs related to DVD issues that are not present in the original
cdrtools. Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla The original cdrtools author should
not be bothered with problems in this version.
TOC Type: 3 = CD-ROM XA mode 2
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
atapi: 1
Device type : Removable CD-ROM
Version : 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info : 'PLEXTOR '
Identifikation : 'CD-R PX-W4824A'
Revision : '1.01'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
Current: 0x0009
Profile: 0x0008
Profile: 0x0009 (current)
Profile: 0x000A

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt@xxxxxxxxx

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

“Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.” - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates it's warriors from it's scholars will have it's thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools" - Thucydides - The Pelopenisia