Re: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum

At 8:22 AM +0000 6/17/06, hicham wrote:
>Hello
> each time I do a yum update ,I keep having those outputs:
>Trying other mirror.
>primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 433 kB    00:15
>http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/updates/5/x86_64/repodata/primary.xml.gz:
>[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
>Trying other mirror.
>primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 433 kB    00:14
>http://ftp.upjs.sk/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/5/x86_64/repodata/primary.xml.
>gz:
>[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
>Trying other mirror.
>primary.xml.gz            100% |=========================| 433 kB    00:14
>http://ftp1.skynet.cz/pub/linux/fedora/updates/5/x86_64/repodata/primary.xml.gz
>:
>[Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
>Trying other mirror.
>
>anyone got a solution for this ?

I see you waited and the problem went away.

It is common for the various mirrors to be at different dates as updates
occur and are gradually sucked up by the mirrors, so this sort of thing can
happen for several mirrors in a row.

If it happens for all the mirrors, it is usually the case that, in the
half-hour that yum considers its cache valid, an update has been sucked up
by the (rest of) the mirrors.  Waiting for yum will work, as will "yum
clean metadata" and trying again.

I have written a yum plugin, stablemirror, that tries to prevent these
issues by always checking that a mirror's metadata matches what yum is
expecting:

    <http://georgeanelson.com/stablemirror.htm>