automount broken with kde 3.5.3 in FC5 ?

I just updated from KDE 3.5.2 to 3.5.3 (using the kde-redhat repo versions)
on my FC5 box. Previously, if I plugged in a usb key, my usb digital camera
or a DVD, the device was mounted and a little window popped up asking me what
I wanted to do (a KDE window).

Now, automounting seems completely broken, I don't get anything and cannot
mount these devices. under gnome all works.

>From the kde-redhat list its seems I'm not the only one.

I was wondering if it is a general kde 3.5.3 on fc5 problem, or just related
to the kde-redhat rpms. Is anyone running kde 3.5.3, from either kde-redhat
or the official FC repos, seeing these problems. Or is everything OK for you.

Chris