Re: Firefox default extensions:many language packs

On 16/06/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 20:23 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Also, only as root can I add search engines. According to the
> archives, I'm not the only one.

Yes, that's a stupid behaviour that I see as well.  Why don't they let
users add their own search engines to their own profiles?

You can make the program's directory that they're installed to writable
by all, but I don't think it's a good idea.  For simplicity's sake I'll
do that for a moment to add engines, then go back to the normal
permissions, rather than fire up Firefox as the root user (which is slow
to do, as well as has some risks).

Thanks for the work-around. I will do that next time.

Dotan Cohen
http://what-is-what.com
486