Re: Someone has succeeded with running MS Office2000 through Wine

Paul Smith wrote:
On 6/15/06, Keith G. Robertson-Turner
<fedora-gmane.00002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Somebody has to say it ...

Why are you trying to run a second-rate commercial Windows product on
Linux, when there is a much better Free Open Source equivalent called
OpenOffice.org?

:-)

Why, you ask. Well, it is precisely by the fact that I find Linux much
superior to MS Windows that I am trying to have MS Office working on
Linux. Paradoxical? Not really. At work, we must use MS applications
and I have to produce some work on MS Office. Then, to minimize the
number of times that I have to be on MS Windows, when working *at
home* (a frequent event), I am trying to have MS Office on Linux!

Paul

I read and write M$ office files with openoffice.org all the time (friends still in the dark with M$). The only thing not supported is access files. I don't know about 2000, but wasn't wine 0.9 supposed to run office 2003 anyway?
-Steven