Re: I love Fedora Core! Thank you!

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Alan M. Evans wrote:

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 13:53, Chris Schumann wrote:
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:54:16 -0600
From: Charles Curley <charlescurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

In the past, the first CD has been enough for a minimal
installation. (I can't speak to recent disties because I get the DVD
image.)

If you turn off the three package selection options, you only need the first
two CDs.

You say that like that's not very much. If one unselects *all* of the
optional installs then it seems reasonable that a single 700MB CD should
be enough.

Thius depends on how the rpms get ordered on the disc set. It should be quite possible to do. (It is a directed graph problem.) I don't know if the install is packed in directed graph dependancy order. Probably not.

--
"Waiter! This lambchop tastes like an old sock!" - Sheri Lewis