Re: Enabling NVAGP and disabling GART_IOMMU?

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 10:17:32PM +0100, Chris Jones wrote:

> > Since the kernel from Fedora Core is indeed with AGP built in
> > non-modular you can't turn it off. If you really need to, try the
> > kernel-suspend2 kernels at ATrpms.
>
> Not true. the kernel AGP can be disabled by simply booting with the kernel
> option "agp=off" (add it to the kernel options in /etc/grub.conf). Then
> agpgart will be disabled.
>
> > Same is true for the ATrpms versions, but if you edit xorg.conf to try
> > to use nvidia's AGP you will see the error/warning above. Unless you
> > use the kernel-suspend2 kernels.
>
> Again not true. I am using the FC stock kernels, and with the above options
> together with
>
> Option      "NvAgp" "1"
>
> in my xorg.conf, I am using nvidia's NVAGP module with the stock FC kernels.

So what about the official documentation about this not being possible:

    Please note that NVIDIA's internal AGP support cannot work if AGPGART is
    either statically compiled into your kernel or is built as a module and
    loaded into your kernel. Please see Appendix F for details. Default: 3.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net