Re: [FC5] Converting AVI to DVD HOWTO?

Have a look at transcode. that should convert avi to mpeg2 (dvd)

Felix

"M.Lewis" <cajun@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a few .avi files from TV shows that I have downloaded. I would
like to convert these .avi files and burn them to DVD such that I could
view these programs on my TV (DVD).

I've done a little bit of searching on Google and have come up with some
seemingly dated instructions on how to accomplish this.

What I have found thus far involves a GUI. If possible, I would like to
avoid a GUI and just do it from the command line. This might not be
possible, I haven't a clue.

I would appreciate any pointers to howto's. I am completely clueless in
what might be involved in this process.

TIA,
Mike

--

I am a computer, dumber than any human and smarter than an administrator.

Linux Registered User #241685 http://counter.li.org