Re: Big problem with MYSQL

Karl Larsen wrote:
I'm using FC4 and I installed a full mysql and it just will not work! And I have tried all that the ref manual offers and I think this problem is just RPM problem. MYSQL works in all ways except this critial step. It comes up when loading mysqld and it is fine until I want to show a DB. Then it fails totally!

Here is an example:

mysql> GRANT ALL ON test TO PUBLIC;
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'test'
mysql>

This is a problem NOT in the referance manual and I have no idea how to fix it. The dam problem is just a just a FC4 problem? I don't think so. I understand SQL well but this just defies understanding.

Karl Larsen.

''@'localhost' indicates you're connecting as an unprivileged user, probably with no password, connect as root (mysql -u root -p) and you should have rights to do the grant.