Re: No PPP in 2.6.16 Kernel

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:09:48 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
David Hough wrote:

That's probably the clue I need, thanks. The offending system was upgraded from FC3 (2.6.12 kernel) to FC5 whereas the trouble-free system was a fresh FC5 install. So I guess I just need to strip out the old mppe stuff and possibly refresh some of the newer stuff to make sure the latest file versions exist.

If you were using the dkms kernel module build method as suggested on the pptpclient website, "yum remove kernel_ppp_mppe" should remove the kernel module and replace the original one.

This has fixed the problem thanks, a quick cut-and-paste of the command you suggested and a reboot into the newest kernel and pptp is behaving once more.

Dave