Re: Fedora core 5 install problem

On 6/14/06, Kaushik Chauhan <chauhan_kaushik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi,
I had Windows XP on my first hard drive and installed FC5 on the second hard
drive.
I had a problem with my pc ( processor went beserk ) so i changed the
processor and reintalled windows XP on my first drive successfully.

Just out of curiosity, what prompted you to reinstall?  Had it caused
data loss on one or the other of the drives?

But now i cannot reinstall FC5 on the second drive.
I did re-format both the drives before commencing the re-intalls.
FC5 install :
1. get to the boot:
2. press enter
3. request for check disks - OK
4. request for language - english
5. request for keyboard - UK english
5. starts install
6. screen blank with 'X' displaying and thats it !!!! nothing happens next

Can anyone help me please ?

I have no idea what it could be, but have you tried the text only
install?

Apart from the processor have you made any changes to the hardware
since the first time you installed?  I assume the processor change
was to one of the same family (although not necessarily the same
clock speed).

--
imalone