gnome-dictionary (too) strict matching

Hello all,

I was a long time happy user of gnome-dictionary, but found that
gnome-dictionary in FC5 is really dumb (or it's me?).

Isn't there a way to make it found words based on a similarity matching
(aka distance)? For instance if I type in a plural form or a wrong
(phonetically) word, it never gets it. With the version in FC3 it was working
well or was it gdict? And IIRC there were some preferences for this. Did I
miss something?

Regards,

--
wwp