ATI locks up too :-(.

Not to be left out, the 2133 kernel with the livna 2133 fglrx
ATI driver installed locks up my system too. Maybe the Nvidia
lockups in another thread aren't unique :-).

This only happens for me with the x86_64 boot partition on my system.
I also have i386 installed, and with it updated to 2133 and
latest livna drivers, there is no problem.

Details of my system: Dual core amd64 (maybe the kernel module
wasn't built with smp turned on? - just a random thought for the
"check the dumb stuff first" category :-).

ATI X700 PCIE video card.

I switched to the radeon driver a while back because the fglrx driver
started hard hanging the system anytime the X server exited, but now
it hard hangs anytime the X server starts, so I'm back to radeon
driver again :-).

As always, I had none of these problems with i386, only with x86_64.