Re: subversion

On Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:57 AM +0200 Roberto Ragusa <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wonder if there is some reason not to have a standard /etc/init.d/svn
script to start and and stop subversion.
Shouldn't svn be considered a network service just like ftpd, httpd or
named?

(in my case, I run svnserve on fsfs repositories)

I've always used the DAV module within Apache. I just edited the sample in /etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf.

Does the Fedora package differ much from the upstream one? If not, I'd suggest writing an initscript to submit upstream for inclusion in its package.