Re: Red Hat just ripped me off for $179.00

If you use Skype, email me off list your Skype account and I can in a convo with you, call RedHat and hopefully get you speaking with someone there :-)

On 6/13/06, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 14:23 -0700, Timothy Payne wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 14:36 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > On 6/13/06, Timothy Payne <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I had FC 5 working fine on a new Dell.  I use it at work, so I thought I
> > > should upgrade it to the paid WS version.  It couldn't ID anything but
> > > the hard drive.  I called Red Hat, they said TOO BAD YOU LOSE!
> > >

> > How did you plan on upgrading Fedora to Redhat in the first place? Or
> > did you mean install it over?
> >

> Upgrade as in better version.
>
> I called, no reply. - 5 working days.
>
> I emailed, no reply. - 5 working days.
>
> I call to ask for my money back, they blew me off.
>
> Any more questions?
----
doesn't sound good - that's not been my experience.

for clarification...

RHEL does not support upgrade of a Fedora installation.
RHEL is 'stable', Fedora Core is 'leading edge'...Fedora has newer
versions of most everything.
RHEL has older versions of things like kernel, drivers for various
hardware and my not necessarily support things like new SATA
controllers, firewire...

When you say - "I called, no reply" what does that mean? They didn't
answer? They didn't answer your question?

If you called for installation assistance, they should handle that
promptly...was that not the case?

Craig