Re: GoogleEarth for Linux has been released

> Out to install for every user on a machine? there is no doc about it...

if you run the binary file as root, then it defaults to installing the
application in /usr/local/google-earth/, whilst placing a symlink to the app
in /usr/local/bin/ - User files are all stored in ~/.googleearth/

Unfortunately, the installer did not seem to add any menu entries - I  had to
do this by hand. It is beta though so hopefully this will be fixed.

Finally, FWIW, for me it is also running just fine, but you do need good
opengl support. I have an nvidia card and use the binary NVIDIA driver - It
seems very fast. With the OSS nv driver its not so hot.

Chris