Re: sendmail

Jacob wrote:

>>> Actually I don't think it's a php problem, It seems to make it to
>>> sendmail. But sendmail is having a problem connecting to other SMTP
>>> servers. I keep getting returned e-mails.
>> Do they include an error message with the reason for the return?
>> If not, are there any in /var/log/maillog?   Does your ISP block
>> direct outbound email?  You may have to forward through the ISP
>> mailer - and many places will reject if you don't anyway.
>>

> Okay, how do I forward through my ISP?
> This is the error: Deferred: Connection timed out with gsmtp163.google.com.

It looks like your ISP is blocking outgoing port 25 connections.
Exactly how you relay though your ISP depends on your ISP. I have to
 use SASL Auth with my ISP's mail server to get it to relay mail. (I
use Postfix, so the way I do it will not work for you.) Your ISP may
 require some type of authorization before it will relay mail for
you. You may also be able to ask your ISP to open port 25 for your
account.

Mikkel